I've got an encrypted dir that I've been using with:

encfs --extpass=command root mount

for a long time.  I'm now trying to use:

command | encfs --stdinpass root mount

and it keeps giving the decoded volume key error.  If I do:

command > file
echo "cat file" > cout
chmod +x cout
encfs --extpass=cout root mount

it works!  However this doesn't:

cat file | encfs --stdinpass root mount

So it seems that the stdout of command is correct but it only works from --extpass???

I created the dir in fedora 12 and I'm now running Fedora 18 with encfs version 1.7.4.  I don't remember what version of encfs was used in fedora 12.

Any ideas?