On 08/06/2014 11:24 AM, Rosanna Yuen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova
> <kittykat3...@gmail.com <mailto:kittykat3...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/08/2014, Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net
>     <mailto:had...@hadess.net>> wrote:
>     > On Tue, 2014-08-05 at 19:03 +0100, Juanjo Marín wrote:
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> Hi !
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> In 2009 we introduced an amazon store in the friend of gnome page
>     [1].
>     >> AFAIR, Jaap Haitsma was, at least, one of the person on charge of
>     this
>     >> and did a very good job. When you make your Amazon purchases at this
>     >> store the GNOME Foundation will receive a referral fee which amounts
>     >> to 4-6% of the total purchase you make. Depending on where you live
>     >> you can use the US, Canada, Germany, France, Japan or UK store.
>     >
>     > I have a couple of questions regarding the stores.
>     >
>     > - is the "front-end" at http://www.gnome.org/friends/amazon/ the only
>     > way for GNOME to get a referral fee, or would setting a referal
>     "store"
>     > as the Search plugin/Firefox add-on give you the same referral fees?
>
>     One needs to have the referrer in the URL when one navigates to
>     Amazon, so it is possible to have a search in Epiphany with the
>     referrer ID without too much difficulty. It would be nice if this was
>     something that was shipped with Epiphany by default.
>

> I vaguely remember this was discussed in the past and we couldn't do it
> because it was against their terms of service.  Does anyone have time to
> look them over to make sure that that isn't the case?
>
> Thanks,
> Rosanna

You mean this? https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/agreement/
" Qualifying Purchases exclude, and we will not pay advertising fees on
any of, the following:
any Product purchased by a customer who is referred to the Amazon Site
through any of the following:
a link to the Amazon Site, including a Redirecting Link, that is
generated or displayed on a Search Engine in response to a general
Internet search query or keyword (i.e., in natural, free, organic, or
unpaid search results), whether those links appear through your
submission of data to that site or otherwise. "