Hi all,
There were some interesting contents in https://wiki.gnome.org/action/r
ecall/BrandGuidelines?action=recall&rev=58 that were lost in the
migration to https://www.gnome.org/logo-and-trademarks/ - namely, the
detailed spacing guidelines and the origins of the logotype. For
instance, this paragraph:
> The font used in the GNOME logo type is a hand-tweaked version of
> Bitstream Vera Sans, an openly-licensed font. There is no full
> version of this tweaked font available - only the vector outlines of
> the GNOME letters. It was tweaked to have similar features to the
> older logotype - most notably how far the middle point of the 'M'
> extends and at a point rather than flat.
Shouldn't we add this information back somewhere? Maybe as an
explanatory sub-item of "Don’t modify the word “GNOME” or compound it
with other words." - you don't want folks to use the GNOME foot with
"GNOME" written in Comic Sans Neue ;)