On 02/02/2012 12:25 PM, Daniel Erez wrote:
6. permissions not available for disks?
at all?
what do you mean power user would be able to attach them by their
type?
does it mean they can associate any shared disk in the system? I hope
i'm misunderstanding, as doesn't make sense to me.

or is this caveat specific to the user portal and not the admin?
not allowing creating a floating disk from user portal is not a
problem
in my view for this phase.

I assume anyone can add a disk on a storage domain they have quota
to.
who can edit a disk? remove a disk? attach disk to VM (which gives
them
ability to edit the disk)
(attach disk to VM obviously requires permission on both disk and VM)

Since we won't support permissions on disks entities (at first stage),
as a compromise for the power user portal, we've agreed to simply hide
floating non shared disks from the user.

I still think we won't find a decent way to model this without permissions, regardless of the power user portal.
we'll hit too many problems.
I'll look into this a bit more.