On 04/16/2012 10:04 AM, Miki Kenneth wrote:

I Agree on that, although I'm not sure whether it is really needed to
release the session, rather then rely on timeout.
If we indeed need to provide a way to release the session then I
agree this is the best alternative. But if we don't then it will
make the API to the client more (but not very) complex in that
manner.

I would go for both - release mechanism (for proper handling) and timeout
mechanism for garbage collection.
(refer to:
http://blog.synopse.info/post/2011/05/24/How-to-implement-RESTful-authentication)

Agreed we need both. I think that for security purposes, it is important to have a "log out" function. That way, client applications can decide depending on their local security requirements whether or not it is acceptable to leave a session open.

Regards,
Geert