Hi guys,

I've recently come up with (what I believe is) an elegant way to mock the
Config object using JUnit @Rules and Mockito  (The gritty details can be found
at http://gerrit.ovirt.org/4155).

This presented me with another issue:
On the one hand, the code depends on junit and mockito jars, which are not
available in the main scope, only in the test scope.
On the other hand, in vanilla Maven there is no dependency between tests of
different projects, so placing this class in util's test would make it
inaccessible to bll tests.

The solution Maven suggests for these kind of issues is creating a test jar
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-attached-tests.html): In addition to
the regular jar the module produces, you'll get another -test jar, which other
modules can depend on using the <type>test-jar</type>, which could of course be
put in <scope>test</scope>.

Before pushing forward with this approach, I'd like to know if anyone has a
principle objection to it.

Thanks,
Allon