On 05/23/2012 12:59 PM, Doron Fediuck wrote:
Hi all,
As discussed last month[1], we had to deal with some issues which turned out to
be a Maven bug.
Thanks to Juan and Asaf's work, our current sources now build properly using
Maven 3.
So you're all invited to migrate into Maven 3. Other than upgrading your local
maven package
no other action is needed.

For now, Maven 2 will also work for you, but I expect in the future we'd like
to make use
of some advanced features, so migration to 3 is recommended.

Talking about advanced features, an interesting challenge is feedback on
parallel builds [2].

I'm not happy with parallel builds - it creates more java processes, each taking quite a bit of memory. This, in turn, causes them to swap, making everything crawl. Took me 22 minutes to compile the webadmin and additional 21 minutes for the user portal, with -T 4. I've had 3.5GB of swap used (and 7GB resident memory with 'java' processes running around).
It usually takes me

The command line I've used was:
mvn -T 4 clean install -Pgwt-admin,gwt-user -DskipTests=true -Dmaven.test.skip=true

As opposed to 7+ 3 minutes without '-T 4'.

Y.

So whoever wants to try it out and report if it improves run time without
breaking anything,
will be appreciated.

Happy migration!

[1]http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/arch/2012-April/000490.html