On 06/10/2012 12:33 PM, Daniel Erez wrote:
We may want to wait for the removal of the deprecated uicommon project (which
is in use by the old UserPortal).
uicommonweb doesn't use UiQueries any more (it's not depended on the genericapi
project) - so I think it can be removed.

I'd wait to see it really isn't needed any more.
it was added to cover a gap in which the UI is using logic which exists in methods in the business entities (IsLinux/IsWindows/Is64bit, etc.)

which is something we wanted to decouple, and the UI queries expose these as queries for the UI rather than use the entities directly.

so i'd say this still isn't fully utilized, rather than deprecated.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Itamar Heim"<ih...@redhat.com>
To: "Michael Kublin"<mkub...@redhat.com>
Cc: "engine-devel"<engine-devel@ovirt.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:48:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Engine-devel] Do we need genericApi project?

On 06/10/2012 11:23 AM, Michael Kublin wrote:
Hi,

I found that we have a ovirt-engine/frontend/api/genericapi
project, which is for my opinion is not at use any more.
If there are any reason that we want to keep it , maybe someone
using it and I missed these?

Thanks Michael

iirc, it's intended to allow to add queries needed for the UI without
adding them into the core.
and looking at GetUserActionGroups, I see it is used for example by
uicommon.

(GWT still uses the generic api)