On 07/26/2012 05:55 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
<ewoud+ov...@kohlvanwijngaarden.nl> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 07:36:43AM -0700, snmis...@linux.vnet.ibm.com wrote:
I am looking at adding VNC support in ovirt. What does the community
think? Ideas, suggestions, comments?
By that I think you mean adding VNC support to the java-based web
interface. In that case +1. I can recommend noVNC[1], but you do need a
websockets proxy. I can recommend VNCAuthProxy[2] as a programmable
proxy with a JSON control channel. On the plus side all dependencies are
in fedora/epel. Downside is no IPv6 support. Maybe you can also write a
pure java implementation integrate this into the engine itself?

[1]: http://kanaka.github.com/noVNC/
[2]: https://code.osuosl.org/projects/twisted-vncauthproxy/

Or launch client program via MIME bindings[1] both for Vnc and Spice.
Not as neat as "noVnc" but will work in most scenarios, without having
to maintain the actual console implementation.

what would users need to do at client side to configure the mime bindings?