On 04/21/2013 10:13 AM, Ofri Masad wrote:
Hi,
One more thing we need to think about for the second approach - aggregated
query. On engine start we need to determine the trust state of all the hosts.
sending a separate query for each host will overload the attestation host and
the network. an initial aggregated query needs to be send when the engine
starts.
Same thing can happen after management network fail and so on.
Maybe we can run a quartz job every x minutes, checking if a large part of the
hosts in the cluster (like 30%) are untrusted - in that case run the aggregated
query.

are we sure this optimization is needed?
how heavy/latent is the call to the attestation service?