On 09/10/2013 10:08 AM, Moti Asayag wrote:
Hi Gustavo,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gustavo Frederico Temple Pedrosa" <gustavo.pedr...@eldorado.org.br>
To: engine-devel@ovirt.org
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 8:48:25 PM
Subject: [Engine-devel] Question about HotPlug

Hi all,

Currently there is an option in the "vdc_options" table which indicates the
operating systems that do not support NIC hotplug. I think it would be a
better idea to use the osinfo properties file to enable or disable NIC
hotplugging, since in this file an operating system can inherit properties
from another one. The main idea is to disable NIC hotplugging in PPC64 VMs,
but listing explicitly every ppc64 os in "HotPlugUnsupportedOsList" config
value does not look like a clean way to do so. Do you agree with this?
Should this parameter be included in the osinfo properties file?

The hotplug capability of the OS refers also to disk hotplug in addition to
vnics hotplug.

The VmCommand.isOsSupportingHotPlug() handles the logic of the operating systems
that don't support hotplug.

+1 for moving it as a parameter in the osinfo-defaults.properties for the
relevant
os.

+1
I'd also separate between hotplugdisk/nic
(and from what i hear, for some operations like cpu/ram, we'll need to distinguish between hotplug and hot unplug, but this can wait for them)

Thanks,

Leonardo Bianconi/Vitor de Lima/Gustavo Pedrosa