On 11/11/2013 01:16 PM, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
regular users *can* access the API, they just need to pass the
filter:true in the request header.

Oh, so it does.  It wasn't clear from the earlier mention whether it
applied only to admins and it never occurred to me to try it this way.
Thanks!  It seems to me this should be unnecessary, though.  Can't the
engine detect whether filtering should be enabled implicitly based on
the user's status?

idea is an admin can also be a user. the default should just have been reverse behavior if we could.

Also: can we get this documented somewhere?

it should be, but if you can't find it easily on the wiki, please create a page elaborting this.