On 02/13/2014 05:14 PM, Tomas Jelinek wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yuko Katabami" <ykata...@redhat.com>
To: engine-devel@ovirt.org
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:09:20 AM
Subject: [Engine-devel] [oVirt 3.4 Localization Question #3] "$action hot set
cpus"

Hello again,

I have another question I would like to ask your help.

File: AppErrors
Resource ID: VAR__ACTION__HOT_SET_CPUS
Strings: $action hot set cpus
Question: Could you explain to me about this string? Suppose it is an action
to hot-set CPUs, but I am not familiar with the term hot set. Does it mean
that you set or change the configuration while the machine/CPU is running
(without shutting down)? And this is one of those string that should be part
of "Cannot ${action} ${type}."
Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are right, hot set is basically hot-plug and hot-unplug together. So you
can change the amount of the CPUs while the machine is running.
The message itself is the ${action} part of the "cannot...", so for example if
you try to do it on a VM which does not exist, the message you will get is:
"Cannot ${action} ${type}. VM doesn't exist."
and the ${action} part then gets expanded to:
"Cannot hot set cpus ${type}. VM doesn't exist."

Tomas
Hi Tomas,
Thank you very much for your reply.
It is all clear now.