On 01/18/2013 01:30 PM, John A. Wallace wrote:
> Hi, LeRoy. What is the reason for your recommendation along those lines? I
> am not understanding what it would accomplish to facilitate his purpose,
> which is simply to sign his messages. Thanks.

If I remember right it was not just signing that he had a problem with
but if you do not have the public key for the recipient you cannot
encrypt to the recipient.  Thus if he added an additional user ID for
his alter ego he would automatically have the key.

I think the recipient window opening was indicating that he was
attempting to encrypt the message and not just sign it.  This could be
happening because of a configuration error stating to automatically
encrypt to certain addresses.

- --
 Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy  mailto:le...@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                       http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )
                                                   > ^ <
                       Cell Phone:  267-307-3527

Open PGP Key:     C34B77CC
gpg fingerprint:  8AD5 35EF 1FDF F1A7 E483  8CCE A50D 4E81 C34B 77CC

For info on enigmail:    http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
For info on gpg:         http://www.gnupg.org/