> Receiving the 'reminder' email sent out by enigmail with passwords in clear
> text was a bit of a shock.  It is as though enigmail doesn't believe in its
> mission.

This is not only a standard feature of GNU Mailman, but you are warned
in advance not to use a high-value password because the password will
periodically be sent to you in plain text.

I hate to sound rude, but the problem is not that Enigmail doesn't
believe in its mission -- an accusation that is baseless -- it is that
you didn't read the instructions.

The exact words, incidentally:

"You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild
security, but should prevent others from messing with your subscription.
*Do not use a valuable password* as it will occasionally be emailed back
to you in cleartext."

> Could we try to make sure that this doesn't happen again ?

If you wish to submit a patch to GNU Mailman, I'm sure they would be
interested.