Am 08.06.2014 18:21, schrieb Nicolai Josuttis:
Hi,

at
  http://vimeo.com/channels/ndc2014/97501375
you can find my talk last week (June 5, 14)
Hi Nicolai,
some thoughts on you talk. First things first: I watched the video, liked it and it was really interesting. I believe at ~57:50 min you are a bit too harsh with SHA1. If I understand the SHA1 problems correct, then SHA1 has to be considered cryptographically broken, but there is no reason to panic. That is because the attacks are rather theoretical than practical for now. Nevertheless we should move away from SHA1 so your recommendation to use SHA512 is reasonable I think.