On 07/03/2014 08:18 AM, Philip Jackson wrote:
> It is actually quite easy to download and install the latest version of
> enigmail or even a nightly build.
>
> Download the version you want from Enigmail's website and then go to
> Thunderbird : Tools/Add-ons.  In the add-on manager, click the small down
> arrow just to the left of the search box and select 'install add-on from
> file'.

The traditional recommendation of the Enigmail team is to get enigmail
from whatever route you got thunderbird.  That is, if you run a
thunderbird installation that you got directly from mozilla.org, then
get the enigmail plugin from addons.mozilla.org.  If you run thunderbird
from your operating system, get enigmail from your operating system.

If that recommendation no longer holds, we should make a clear
announcement about it someplace.

        --dkg