Greetings,
I understand.  But in this particular case, can someone simply search and replace "UI: OpenPGP" for "UI: Enigmail" and add your comment beside the documentation of extensions.enigmail.noPassphrase?

I would have done it myself if I had the rights to checkin and the whole project setup properly (that is the hard part of open source; getting yourself setup).
Best regards,
Hans Deragon

On 12/31/2014 05:54 AM, Ludwig Hügelschäfer wrote:
Hi,

On 31.12.14 10:54, Hans Deragon wrote:
> Greetings,

>     I believe that the /'Enigmail Configuration Manual/' found at
>     https://www.enigmail.net/documentation/userprefs.php needs to be
>     updated.

Yes, documentation is lagging considerably behind code and UI
development. We are aware of this but we are the lacking manpower to
keep both synchronous.

>     Everywhere it references 'UI: OpenPGP > Preferences' but I
>     fail to find any 'OpenPGP' menu in Thunderbird.  I do see 'UI:
>     Enigmail > Preferences'.

The whole menu was renamed from "OpenPGP" to "Enigmail" because people
can better identify this with the name of the Extension they installed.
Enigmail is the name of the website, the mailinglist, etc.

OpenPGP is the standard used by Enigmail, or better: the underlying GnuPG.

>     Also, I cannot find the corresponding UI for
>     'user_pref("extensions.enigmail.noPassphrase",false);'.  Is there
>     such an option still available from the UI?

This option is still in the preferences panel, but will be hidden if you
use a GnuPG version > 2.0, where gpg-agent is used to handle passphrases.

In fact, this option is only necessary for gpg version 1.x and for
handling keys without a passphrase, a very rare use case.

HTH

Ludwig