I am a 63 year old disability pensioner, and became interested in email
encryption last year.
https://whyencryptemail.net/
This web site guided me through the set up of PGP, using Thunderbird and
Enigmail.

I want to thank those who work on Enigmail, I reckon you do a wonderful job for
the community.

I doubt that even if encryption is made much simpler, most of the ordinary
folks will not adopt it. The reason is they use the excuse they do not have
anything to hide, least ways that is what is said to me by many friends. They
all agree they send regular surface mail in envelopes, but some how think their
email is secure, and in any case what they have to say would not interest
anyone.

In my opinion PGP is very simple to use. The setting up is not rocket science,
it only requires certain steps to be followed initially.

Once installed it works seamlessly.

I want to thank you Patrick and the others that work on Enigmail and make it
available to the broader community. My Mum is 81 years of age and she uses
encryption.

Every best wish for 2015 - Ian