On 1/10/2015 7:44 AM, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Bryant Evans schrieb am 2015-01-10 um 14:35:
>
>> I have done some searching but find no direct answer to this question:
>> Is there a way Enigmail can be used with web based email sources such as
>> gmail? I was think of a kind of right-click function to
>> encrypt/decrypt/sign/verify a message using only a web browser. If not,
>> could you point me in a better direction?
> Enigmail is designed for using GPG within Thunderbird.
>
> If you want to use a webmail system, you must look wether this webmail
> systems supports GPG itself.
>
> Andreas

    I have seen webmail that supports OpenPGP; however, it is necessary
to upload the private key with the particular webmail that I noticed.
Since storing a private key with someone else's system is a security
breach, I decided not to use webmail in that way.

    If a person is determined to use webmail, a separate key pair just
for use on a webmail might be prudent.  Keeping physical possession of a
private key seems to be a better precaution.

    Sincerely,
    (Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless
    fairl...@ieee.org
    fairl...@fsfe.org