On 3/7/2015 1:22 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 03/06/15 19:23, David wrote:
>>>
>>> If they know whose public keys are on your keyring, they know who
>>> you talk to.  You may not wish them to know this.  Depending on
>>> who you are and who you talk to, their knowing it could be very
>>> dangerous to you.
>

>> You are aware that the *body* of the message is encrypted but the
>> *header*, the email address you send to and the email address that
>> you send from, and the complete path of all the email servers that
>> the emails traveled though, is still open to the world? And that
>> those emails are stored on all of those servers. Or at least they
>> used to be stored.
>
>> Which means that the whole world 'knows' just who you send emails
>> to and receive emails from? You are using Thunderbird on a Linux
>> OS.
>
>> Select an email that you have sent to your friends, or one that
>> they have sent to you, or anyone, and press Ctrl-U to open a new
>> window of information. read carefully and closely.
>
>> So if some admin of a key-server in some place 'knows' who you is
>> on your Public-Keyring for email it is of little importance.
>

> Yes.  But if certain addresses are on your public keyring, then the
> odds are you are having conversations that you consider "sensitive"
> with those persons.  And if one of those persons is a Person Of
> Interest, then you just became a Person Of Interest yourself.

It has been said that the very best way to draw attention to yourself is
to try to hide.  :-)  If you are carrying on conversations with someone,
known terrorists, criminals, people like that, for example, who is/are
already being watched is a good way to get looked at.

As for 'your addressbook' and key servers. They do not look at your
addressbook. Only the key(s) that *you* request to update or obtain.
Don't use a key server.

If have your public key BTW.

I am seriously done with this. If you really feel the need to have the
last word then help yourself. I'm done.

--

  David