Hello!

On 17.07.2015 14:27, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> The question is: is this accepted as a problem? And for that the
>>  answer is no.
> Not at all.  We absolutely accept that it's a problem for some of
> our users -- but we have no ability to change this, since this is a
> GnuPG decision rather than an Enigmail decision.

Are you sure about that? Because what see as root of the error is in
my view either thunderbird or the enigmail extension, i cannot clearly
say so.

The way i saw it that thunderbirds recieves the mail. Thunderbird or
the enigmail extension decide to decrypt a mail. gpg is called, wants
to know the passphrase and uses pinentry through gpg-agent to ask for
the passphrase.

But why does thunderbird ask for a mail when its not even visible for
me? That means some routine has decided to call gpg -d and then the
whole thing of pinentry gets started.

That is for "why is a popup window opened (gpg called) when there is a
open pop-up window?"

Also unnessary call of gpg -d - or how you see that - is when i have a
mail for example from facebook that gets filtered into a subfolder.
We will see more web service providers sending gpg mail in the future
and thats a good thing. But those mails are typically good examples of
"i look in there when i have to"
This sum's up into "don't decrypt a mail if the user cannot see it
anyway". And as i understand the decision of decrypting a mail -
always when it comes in - is made in enigmail, not in gpg itself, that
is just called.

> If you want this to change, suggest it on GnuPG-Users.  But
> talking about it here will unfortunately change nothing.

Yeah, i am maybe really bad in explaining the problem.

mc.fly ....