On 06.11.16 18:13, commentsab...@riseup.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> # Mandatory thank you
>
> First, thank you for Enigmail, it is a tremendously useful tool that I
> use on a daily basis.
>
> # Problem migrating from 1.8.2 to 1.9.6

[...]
> None of the advices provided on the FAQ worked (Debian 8.6 [x86 64],
> Icedove 45.4.0, gpg 2.0.26 properly configured).
>
> # Solution
>
> While inspecting the log, I found:
>
>> gpg: WARNING: The GNOME keyring manager hijacked the GnuPG agent.

[..]

> # Precision needed in the FAQ
>
> Under the "Troubleshooting > Analyze" section, the following instruction:
>
>> go to menu Enigmail > Debugging Options > View Log.

Thanks, I updated the guide with these two points.

> # Comments about the website
>
> The current font color makes the text particularly hard to read. Forget
> the hype or whatever lead to using #aaa and #555 (a little bit better)
> and use plain old #000.
>
> When in doubt, use https://snook.ca/technical/colour_contrast/colour.html

I'll have to find out how to change the font color in the FAQ...

> # Comments about sourceforge
>
> Why is enigmail still hosted by a malware provider?
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/2938017/why-big-open-source-projects-are-fleeing-sourceforges-free-software-hub.html
>

> What functionalities does m̶a̶l̶w̶a̶r̶e̶sourceforge provide that are not
> provided by github, gitlab and the likes?

You're citing a two-years old article. Sourceforge has since then
changed its policies, and has been sold to new owners who have no
intention to revert the policies. Just like Sourceforge, Github is
commercial and there is no guarantee that you will always be happy with it.

-Patrick