Using the installation assistent I run through the procedure und almost
mystically everything worked again. Sorry for the noice.

BTW when writing a message, I can not see in the window under Enigmail
the version number. Only in the Thunderbird overall display under about
Enigmail. And its 2.0.3.

Sorry for the noise

Bernhard