On 05/20/18 05:22, Andrew Gallagher wrote:

> I said earlier that deprecation has to happen, but I’ll reiterate here. If
> doing the things that we know need to be done requires breaking backwards
> compatibility, then so be it.

There is no value in preserving backwards compatibility when the
backwards that one is maintaining compatibility with is broken in the
first place.

We *know* 2.6 is insecure.  What on earth is the point of maintaining
support for a *known insecure* version of a security tool?  It's not the
Emperor's new suit, it's his beloved threadbare once-fuzzy bathrobe with
his hairy ass hanging out the back.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications