On Tue 2018-07-03 08:34:05 +0200, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> On 02.07.18 20:39, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>>  * when you run the enigmail unit tests
>
> Regularly before pushing commits (at least every few days).
>
>>  * on what platform(s)
>
> On my current macOS notebook. I also had tested the unit tests on
> Windows a while back, but I didn't retry it in the last months.

Thanks for this reportback, Patrick.  It's definitely useful to know!

Is anyone else running the Enigmail test suite?  Feel free to reply to
me privately if you don't want to speak up on-list (encrypt to
0x0EE5BE979282D80B9F7540F1CCD2ED94D21739E9 if you want it rigorously
confidential).

Please respond with this information within the next week if you can
(even if it's initially just a quick private note that says "i run the
enigmail test suite sometimes, i'll get you more details in a few
days").

I plan to summarize any private responses i get, removing all
identifying details, and i'll post the summary here.

>>  * how do you run the tests specifically?
>
> "make test" on my well-prepared development environment. The steps are
> quite the same as yours, but obviously I won't set up a new profile for
> every run during development.

Now that we have gitlab set up, would you be interested in getting the
gitlab continuous integration set up to run on every commit?

    https://gitlab.com/help/ci/quick_start/README.md

Patrick, I am not currently a member of the enigmail project on gitlab,
but if you want to give me privileges, i could try to get that set up
and working for you so that there is some replicable record of the test
suite.  Please let me know if you're interested in that.

        --dkg