On 14.02.2019 13:38, Noodles wrote:
> Thank you, after pulling my hair and almost losing sanity after two
> long days, that worked!
>
> May I know, why does encapsulation has to end with with a <CR><LF>
> character

CR/LF is required because every MIME boundary has to be on a line of its
own, and /everything/ inside the boundaries is part of the message.

> and do all attachments (regardless of the content/nature) after the
> message necessarily need be included to formulate the signature?
The idea of a PGP/MIME signed message is that you sign everything, such
that the recipient knows that nobody added or removed an attachment, or
altered the message otherwise.

> Also, where can I find up to date and relevant documentation about
> PGP/mime email structure?
>
> The RFC-3156 page (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3156) confused the
> hell out of me.

I would not know of any place that would explain how to create or
interpret PGP/MIME apart from the RFC.

-Patrick