Hi there,

I just noticed that whenever I open Thunderbird (60.7.0) having
Enigmail enabled (2.0.12) a new process is spawned by a binary from
inside the profile directory (pep-json-server).

It seems to be some kind of HTTP API server, but I wasn't able to find out more.

Do you also have the same process listening?

What is it, and why do Enigmail need it?

I don't mind if Enigmail needs a server listening on localhost, but it
seems that exiting Thunderbird does not kill the pep-json-server
process, which is tedious.

Is this desired behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Cheers