On 21.08.2019 23:39, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:
> I'm having issues, semi-regularly, when I try to respond to a message
> that someone has replied back to me with. i.e., I send an email that is
> signed with my key, they reply, I read their email, and when I try to
> respond to that, I don't see any of the text they typed in their reply -
> only my quoted text from my original email to them.
>
> How can I fix this?

If you're not too scared of running a release candidate (i.e. an almost
finished version that might need some polishing), then install the
latest release candidate of Thunderbird 68 [1], and upgrade to the
corresponding Enigmail version 2.1.2. I improved that behavior in
Enigmail 2.1.

-Patrick

[1]
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/candidates/68.0-candidates/build4/