Am 17. September 2019 18:55:53 MESZ schrieb john doe <johndoe65...@mail.com>:
>On 9/17/2019 5:22 PM, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
>> john doe wrote on 17.09.2019 16:37:

>version of
>available.

>I've
>-- but

>https://git.code.sf.net/u/pbrunschwig/jsunit/source

>sign
>>>>

>>> And also, signing of commit.
>>
>> No, I won't sign commits. I'm fine signing tags (like I did for years
>on
>> Enigmail), but I will not sign commits.
>>

>Do you mind explaining why you are against signing commits?
>
>--
>John Doe

In my eyes, a signature carries a certain value. By signing, I warrant a
certain quality about the signed content. That's why I sign release tags, and
some of my emails.

But when it comes to commits, I don't warrant for anything. Some commits are
good, some break things, some are bad attempts to fix something, etc. Also,
since I'm mostly the only developer, there's no review on commits. In other
words, unlike releases, there is no quality assurance on commits.

Therefore, you'll never be able to convince me to sign commits.

Patrick