Patrick Brunschwig <patr...@enigmail.net> wrote:
> On 01/07/2020 03:40, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote:
>> Patrick Brunschwig <patr...@enigmail.net> wrote:
>>> Enigmail is available for: * Postbox (https://postbox-inc.com), a
>>> commercial product
>>
>> Could you tell more about it, please?  Itʼs nonfree, is not it?
>>
>>> currently based on TB 52.
>>
>> Yet, being a fork of Thunderbird, it should have a substantial free part.
>> How large that part is?  Is is published?  Does it adds anything valuable on
>> top of Thunderbird?
>>

> The Mozilla Public License allows to create closed-source software without
> the need to publish anything.

Sure.  No free software license mandates that anything must published.

> That is, there no published code.

Neither you, being a purchaser of ‘Postbox’, have ever downloaded it?

Indeed, MPLʼs copyleft is so weak, that a free code you get is not necessary
any useful for an user¹, but I supposed, that you, being a prominent extension
developer besides an end-user, might be interested in it nevertheless...

-
¹ I. e. there may be no way to relink or rebuild an application against it.

> Postbox adds quite a bit of functionality and design to the user interface.
> Just have a look on their homepage.

Sorry, I have to express myself more clearly — by ‘it’ I meant a free part.