--- Begin Message ---
On 9/9/2020 8:17 PM, li...@datenritter.de wrote:
> Have you considered using interlink?
> (I'm not sure if that'd be a good idea in the long term. Mozilla had
> their reasons to give up the XUL stuff. Maybe they could be convinced to
> boost security a bit...)

AFAIK the only security-related reason for dropping XUL was that XUL
addons were written in the browser's own language and had access to too
many things, including files on user's hard drive. The security problem
in XUL was rogue add-ons which won't be a problem if you only use
Interlink with Enigmail and the few other addons that have been approved
for Interlink.

The WebExtensions which replaced XUL also aren't impervious to rogue
developers:
https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/

--- End Message ---