I have  a VM With a linux on my WinNT system, But I can make a partition and
Put it to boot, because the computer is in the office, not is my machine (or
almost... not in the way that i LIKE to be).
Maybe I think to use a Cygwin to start... in that way I think is more easily
and less demoralize to myself :D

With the Cygwin, The X server is running Actually...

I try it and later make some tricks to usea as the main interface.