On 17 Mar 2003 10:27:18 +0100 Cristalle Azundris Sabon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > my eventual plans are to have the desktop background managed by a
> > separate process to e - evidence would be one, or any other you want
> > to put there that works with e.
>
>   I think that was just about everybody's plan, really, with the sole
>   reason for it not having been implemented yet being that we've never
>   sat down and defined the IPC between the background-handler and its
>   clients?

well i looked at it more as being just a shared canvas and the file manager is
just "yet another client" using the shared desktop canvas... :) how to share i'm
still tossing around. you may have noticed ecore gaining ipc and tcp/ip wrappers
of late... :) i'm not putting anything in stone right now, but i'm building a
comprehensive set of tools/code that can/will be used... it's just the details
of how exactly.. but the way i have it planned it isnt that relevant as we can
just expand the protocol as things move on with more calls etc. as long as the
basic design is right.. and i'm pretty sure i have that idea well thought out.
though this will be on hold till i do some ebits work first :)

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]