I've noticed that in recent builds of e from cvs, if I leave a window
open for several hours it's stacking order gets mysteriously raised.
This doesn't seem to relate to the EWMH awareness of the window in some
way, but I could be wrong.

For example, an Eterm I opened 2 hours ago now covers up any new Eterms
(or any other app) I open. If I open two brand new Eterms, they do not
cover each other up, but are both covered by the old one.

Opening the window menu and changing the stacking back to Normal fixes
it and the window behaves itself (I think) from then on, even if left
open for  days.

This might be hard to test because it required windows to be left open a
long time.

--
BAM - There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.