I'm planning on moving ecore from SPLIT to HEAD sometime soon - likely this
weekend...

What will result from this? Well E in cvs will break. It will no longer compile.
That will be the last app using the cold ecore code from HEAD to worry about. I
have NO plans on porting that code to the new ecore. It's not possible anyway as
the new ecore simply lacks a lot of api needed.

This will leave E broken. I don't see too many problems with that anyway - it's
depreciated code. I have a new E codebase brewing here that will replace it just
as soon as it:

1. Has menus to launch/control things.
2. Can BASICALLY manage windows (map, unmap, move, resize, raise, lower, close).

It already handles some management requests and has the start of a menu
codebase. It has a background and otherwise basic event loop and structure. It's
intensely clean code and I want to keep it that way.

So just a heads-up... :) any comments please reply :)

BTW: I consider this an early warning "beacon" for "help wanted" on E17 "the
WM". I will write a "hackers guide" to describe how it all fits together and how
it's intended to work. We need GOOD coders. You need to know the E libs that E
(the wm) uses... This means Evas, Ecore (in SPLIT), Edje, Eet, Edb, Imlib2. The
MAIN used libs are Ecore, Evas and Edje. If you want to help and think you are
up to it then I'd suggest a refersher couse in thes elibs, or start learning...
FAST. Rememebr I want to keep this code INTENSELY CLEAN. I dont' want the
plethora of "quick nasty hacks" building again like it has before and turning
the code into an unmaintainable mess. Thus every feature, every thing that goes
in needs to be 1. thought out VERY heavily in advance. 2. needs to be immensely
clean and 3. more often overdesigned beyond its original intended use as things
always expand beyond their original design.

:)

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
熊耳 - 車君                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]