k, I've seen a few people with this problem and I've never been able to
track it down completely.  I've heard that it's sometimes dependent on
WHICH shift key you press, and also that this problem pops up on IBM
thinkpad keyboards?  Atleast that's the amount of info I've been able to
extract from people with the same problem.  digitalfallout is one, and
someone else in #edevelop a while back had the same problem.  It might
be easier to test a fwe things if you could stop by #edevelop. If you
can't try to see if it's dependent upon which shift key you are using.
We can go from there.  If you're REALLY motivated and know C, checkout
EvasTextEntry.[ch] in entrance/src/client/ there's quite a few things
#if 0'd out that'll print the input out the console as you type.

Come to think of it, I don't know if we still need the evas modified
get/set calls since we're actually asking X for the keys...  hmm...