Ibukun Olumuyiwa wrote:
On Thu 27 May 2004, Corey Donohoe wrote:

* Andreas Volz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

Am Thu, 27 May 2004 09:55:27 -0500 schrieb Corey Donohoe:

* Andreas Volz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

Hi,

While trying to port e16menuedit to gtk2 I notices that it isn't
working
with at least CVS version of E. I can change menus and save in
e16menuedit, but they doesn't change in Enlighenment menu. I tried
also
to remove ./enlightenment/cache/* and restart E, but nothing
changes.

$ eesh help all ... reload_menus : Reload menus.cfg without restarting (Asmodean_) ...

so maybe fork and exec "eesh -e 'reload_menus'"?  I'm guessing on both
of
these replies :)

It didn't work. Now I copied menus.cfg from /usr/share/enlightenment to ~/.enlightenment and edited it with an editor and so I can change entries. But why didn't e16menuedit work?

Now I found out e16menuedit edit file.menu and not menus.cfg. If I make
a link to menus.cfg e16menuedit segfaults. Is e16menuedit not useable
for menus.cfg and the prefered way is currently to use an editor for
changing menus?

Sorry for the bad advice.

I do recall that up until 0.16.7-preX using e16menuedit would immediately
update your menus w/o havnig to restart E.  It's not doing that anymore,
atleast not on the pre2 I installed from pr0tage.  I guess we'll have to
wait for some input from raster/kwo/mandrake as they might know how to fix
it or why it's not working correctly anymore.

That stopped working at some point, and I distinctly remember notifying
Kim about it, and he fixed it right there and then within a few minutes.
I'd be surprised if it stopped working again -- but I haven't updated e in
a couple of weeks so I'd have to check on that later.

It was broken quite a while up to and including 0.16.7-pre1 (I hardly
ever use the menus so I didn't notice).
It was fixed some time before 0.16.7-pre2, and has to my knowledge
worked since (just checked, also using e16menuedit).
If changed, the menu files should be automatically reloaded after at
most 5 seconds. I raised this value from 2 seconds because I thought
it was a bit extravagant to check a lot of files that often.

So, I believe things work as they should :)

/Kim