Thanks Alan. This looks OK to me.
I will commit it, but please have a little patience. There are some
issues with E16.7 that I want sorted out first.

/Kim

Alan Schmitt wrote:
Here is the patch. It will probably need some revisions, as there were some choices I add to make that I'm not sure are correct:
- I chose to save the config in the CONTROL section
- I chose to give it the number 1390 (which was not taken and leave some space for the transparency options if need be)
- I chose to save one key per line, using the format:
1390 0 keysym_for_left
1390 1 keysym_for_right
1390 2 keysym_for_up
1390 3 keysym_for_down
1390 4 keysym_for_escape
1390 5 keysym_for_return

The patch works well here. The simplest way to use it is:
- apply the patch
- start and quit enlightenment
- edit the newly saved lines in ...e_session-XXXXXX (the lines starting with 1390)
- start enlightenment again

One nice feature (I think) is that unless you rebind one of the default keys (Left, Right, ...), then they can be still used to navigate the menus. So here I have remapped the directions to hljk, and return to space, but I can still use the arrows and the return key if I want.