Corey Donohoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-08-12 10:21]:
> I have to side with phormie on this one.  The basic smart object
> template shows off what he's talking about.  I'm sure you know about
> this tilman :)
>

> * Brian Mattern ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > The preferred method of passing data to these functions is via the smart
> > objects data field ( evas_object_smart_data_{set|get} )
> >
> > Create a struct with any data your smart object needs, the set the data.
> > That way it is included with the object at all times, and doesn't need
> > to be passed independently.
> > --
> > brian
> >

> > Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >I want to extend the Evas_Smart callbacks (object_add, object_delete,
> > >object_raise etc) by void *udata, for various reasons ;)
> > >
> > >Any objections?

Yeah right, I knew about the smart_data stuff, although I didn't realize
this was actually sufficient.

It *does* work for me as long as the object_add callback is called
from evas_object_smart_add() and I guess it's pretty unlikely that this
behaviour changes soon :)

Thanks for the hint,

--
Regards,