Среда 01 Сентябрь 2004 19:01, Michael Jennings написал:
> On Wednesday, 01 September 2004, at 12:14:40 (+0400),
>
> Vadik Mironov wrote:
> > These two patches replace broken getword function in file.c with the
> > not broken one (I hope). Also i made small warkaround about one bug,
> > and i submit another patch later, but i need this function, so it
> > will be really cool, if somebody merge these patches to the CVS.
>
> Well, if someone had really wanted to fix this, they probably would've
> just stolen the code from libast:
>
> http://www.eterm.org/libast/html/strings_8c-source.html#l00340
>
> No offense, but your code is...well, iffy.  Your use of goto's and
> labels is completely unnecessary.
>
> Michael

Well, character handling not an easy task and it doesnt matter how <iffy> the
code looks like. It should be robust, understandable (try to imagine how your
function will be executed under various circumstances), simple and well
documented. I would like to have an simple function in library with clear
docs and visible path of execution.

--
With best regards,
Vadik Mironov

PS. No defense :-)
 Could you please tell me what happened in this function with such a little
program?

int main(int argn,char *argc[])
{
        get_word(1, "\"Anne got cr");
        return 0                                ;
}