Andreas Volz wrote:
There is still another problem with fullscreen mode. I've some "On
Top" stacking windows (pager, iconbox...). If I fullscreen some
applications (mplayer in X mode (sdl works), gthumb,...) the "On Top"
windows are still on top. Perhaps E should set a fullcreen window
automatic as the most "On Top" window. But this has also other
problems. For example blender is a fullscreen window, but opens new
normal windows. So if blender is "On Top" all new windows open
"behind" it.

Blender is actually not a fullscreen app in the sense that it does not
use the _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN hint but is a normal window requesting
to be borderless and occupy the entire screen.
Just an example of something that doesn't simplify the issue.

Perhaps it's a solution if E changes all "On Top" windows to normal windows if one window has fullscreen and after fullscreen the windows
get their "On Top" back. Perhaps it's a solution to make this configurable for users who like this?

I don't like the princple that the appearance of one window changes
stacking properties of other windows. That just seems wrong to me.
We can have multiple fullscreen windows on separate areas/desktops,
should the existence of those affect stacking on desktops without
fullscreen windows? Should we restack when entering/leaving a view
containg a fullscreen window? I think that would be messy.

Or should I write this topic in a bug report?

Feel free to file a bug report. However, I don't expect to change
anything until somebody comes up with a really good plan on how to do
this right.

/Kim

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl _______________________________________________ enlightenment-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/enlightenment-devel