jerome Wilson wrote:

Hello till,
this is a reply for your comments on E-dev mailling
list.

First off if you really NEED a text config file it is
very possible :), the .edb is actually built from a
script
using edb_ed so if you like you could regenerate the
.edb any time you like.

I am aware of this my point was just that I think configurtion
files should not be binary files.Never.
When you rummage through your /etc you'd expect to find
only human readable files and not binary files (and having to
use  a different editor for all of those) that's why I
proposed those hacks

Secondly entrance is a tool and before using any tool
you must have minimal knowledge of it's usage, if you
just want it to run default might be ok, if you want
to add themes, sessions, users ... then you need to
dig a little deeper.

Sure  I  agree however it felt weird editing binary files...

Finally you must be aware that entrance is not yet
release material, sure it works ( i've used for quite
some time) but if you don't want to get your hands
dirty you should not use it, it still has a ways to go
but it is getting there, entrance edit for one enabled
testing a theme out to avoid the respawning problem you mentioned, i'd just like to add that i don't think
you ideas are not good but if you look around a bit
you see that most are implemented and you've just been
looking in the wrong area wilanje.

Thanks. It is really easy to shoot out ideas. Coding them is the
hard part. Therefore those should only be taken as suggestion,
features it'd be nice to have....

P.S. You could forward this to the list, thank you.

There you go