Ian Stuart wrote:

(I was going to post this via the bugtrack system, but it wouldn't let
me create an account <sad />)

Anyway, there are a couple of features I'd like to see included in
E17... (and, yes, I realise  it's in a pre-release/heavy-development
phase)

1) A virtual desktop and Pager ala SunOS:
the desktop is something like 4800x3600, but a window of 1600x1200
(or whatever) is
displayed. The mouse should probably respect the boundries of the
window, but I'm
open on that thought. The pager does several things:
a) If you put the mouse over a frame, then the frame enlarges so you
can get an idea
of what the real program actually is
b) If you click on a frame, the window re-centers, with the selected
window centered (or
as close to centered as as is possible, given the edge of the
desktop and the window
will allow)
c) If you click on the background (of the pager), then the window
centers as above
d) If you click and drag a frame in the pager, you can move the real
frame on the
desktop (as the E16 pager allows)

Most of those where already in e16 and I'm sure Raster has something at least as good up his sleave.
Multiple desktop isn't coded yet. Currently you can't even minimize windows.... I would recommand
being a litle patient.

2) A login interface that is similar to the Mac OS-X one: in that you
can disengage one
user from the screen'n'keyboard, and allow another user to log in.
This is
advantageous in that all the programs that are running for the first
user continue to
run, however the person at the console has no access to them. It's a
bit like having
multiple virtual x-consoles, but the consoles are protected.
Oh, and the OS-X cube is *way* cool, in the way that the desktop
shrinks back, and
then rotates to give you a login form, and then spins round to give
you your own
x-console when you log back in....

3ddesktop has sort of a similar gimmick but it kicks in only when you switch desktops. I haven't yet seen
system allowing someone to have different sessions opened on the X server. I don't think this is an
enlightenment issue.
Cheers,
Till