On Wednesday, 29 December 2004, at 06:50:06 (-0500),
Peter Hyman wrote:

> Now I know why you affectionately refer to the autoF*C* programs as
> such!

You're just *beginning* to see why.  Trust me on that.  :-]

> My problem with building libast (and probably Eterm, but I have
> gotten there yet), is that the sequence of autoF*C* commands in
> autogen.sh were wrong for my installation.
>
> In addition, I had to make a change to configure.in which continued
> to show an error in line 91.
>
> basedir=.
> AC_OUTPUT(${srcdir}/include/libast/types.h Makefile include/Makefile \
>           include/libast/Makefile src/Makefile test/Makefile \
>           libast-config)
>
> ${srcdir} had to come out so I as left with
>
> basedir=.
> AC_OUTPUT(include/libast/types.h Makefile include/Makefile \
>           include/libast/Makefile src/Makefile test/Makefile \
>           libast-config)

Ironically, I had to add the ${srcdir} to pass "make distcheck" with a
previous set of autoFUCK tools.  Figures, eh?

> Then...Using my gnome-autogen.sh as a guide, I made the following
> changes to autogen.sh
> # Run the stuff.
> (set -x && $LIBTOOLIZE -c -f)
> (set -x && $ACLOCAL $ACLOCAL_FLAGS)
> (set -x && $AUTOCONF)
> (set -x && $AUTOHEADER)
> (set -x && $AUTOMAKE -a -c)

That order is currently working for me, though it continues to insist
on running autoheader when not necessary.  But I can live with it.

Latest CVS LibAST has some changes; see if those work for you.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>