On Thursday, 06 January 2005, at 12:11:42 (-0500),
Peter Hyman wrote:

> make install in e/themes is perhaps incorrect in that it tries and
> assign a group equal to the themes install directory.

Not on this planet, it doesn't.  Where on earth did you come up with
that idea?

> install-data-local:
>       $(mkinstalldirs) $(THEME_DIR)
>       for tf in $(THEME_FILES); do \
>               gzip -d -c < $(srcdir)/$$tf | (cd $(THEME_DIR); tar -xmf -); \
>       done
>       -if [ -n "$(USER)" ]; then chown -R $(USER) $(THEME_DIR); else chown -R
> root $(THEME_DIR); fi
>
> Did you mean maybe $(GROUP)? Why is this even here?

Umm, no.  chOWN is not the same as chGRP.  Furthermore, the command
cannot cause the build to fail; it is preceeded by a -.

The command is correct.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>