On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:46:08 +0100 Antonio Larrosa Jim__nez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Bbabbled:
(B
(B> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 13:40, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
(B> > unfortunately (for you) we never provided an api to do that. though
(B> > possible via a loader - no loaders support it :( sorry. epeg does support
(B> > this, BUT it will only give you RGB data... :)
(B>
(B> Hmmmm, please correct me if I'm wrong, but since I just need to open jpeg
(B> files, I could open the file from memory using epeg and then use
(B> imlib_create_image_using_data to create an image using the decoded RGB data
(B> from epeg, isn't it? If the format of the pixels is different, I could also
(B> use imlib_create_image with the correct width and height and then use
(B> imlib_image_get_data to get a pointer to the pixels and "translate" them from
(B> the output of epeg to the needed format (DATA32 pixels) for Imlib.
(B>
(B> Am I making sense?
(B
(Byou could - it makes sense, but if its just thumbnail creation.. seriously look
(Bat epeg. it is custom build JUST to do this. and its about as fast as it gets.
(B(many times faster than imlib2... which already is many times faster than
(Bimagemagick...)
(B
(B--
(B------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
(BThe Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
$BMg9%B?(B                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(BTokyo, Japan ($BEl5~(B $BF|K\(B)
(B
(B
(BSF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
(BRead honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
(BDiscover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
(Bhttp://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click
(Benlightenment-devel mailing list
(Benlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net