Thanks for the reply... but I was  only enquiring about the effects of
linking libe.so.000 to libe.so in the long run. For now the hack works
marvelously and I have e_utils already installed.

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Didier F.B Casse | PhD candidate | Singapore Synchrotron light Source (SSLS)
Email: didier.casse AT_Remove_THE_N00SPAM gmail DOT com | Web:
http://ssls.nus.edu.sg