On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:50:15 +0100 "jacinto calvo sintes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Hy, I did a general Spanish translation for e16 named es.po and still working
> on, i think that for just 'menus' or 'options' from a desktop environment

yes. we can do with multiple translators helping out. it is an on-going job.
every time we change, add, or delete a string in e17 that can be displayed, the
translations need to update to match it. the more people following and
updating, the better the quality of the translation will be (that means more
strings will be covered instead of many falling back to the default english
strings) :)

> don't hav such as many different words in each spanish derivation to make more
> than one translated file. anyway, if that's very important for some spanish
> user (not for me) we could discuss all spanish e-users for all this words that
> anyone thought as funny translation. (we could do a quite good translation for
> all kinds ;) )
>
> I hope also to finish translating soon MAIN file from EDOX; if anyone wants to
> take a look at it just mail me ;)
>
> thanks
>
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:26:29 +0900, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote
> > On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:51:40 -0300 Bruno Deferrari
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> babbled:

> >to spanish in spain, but for written spanish - are they different? >basically
> should this be es_AR or just es? (basically if we have es and >es_AR what
> about es_MX es_CO es_VE es_PA es_CI es_PE es_UR, >es_PG es_BO etc. etc.
> > >
> > > raster, You forgot es_UY ;)
> >
> > oh that was meant to be es_UR :0 i don't know the 2 letter country
> > codes for them all. my point was that is there something to cover
> > all these countries? :)
> >
> > > Matias, si necesit__s una mano, avisame. Yo ten__a ganas de traducir el
> > > manual que est__ en lude.net/edocs , pero no se si no lo est__ haciendo
> > > nadie ya, y aparte, est__ bastante largo....
> >
> > someone is already working on translating it - i have a mail in my
> > inbox about it. (i'm tyring to clean out my inbox... but failing
> > miserably) :)
> >
> > > Cualquier cosa, me avis__s,
> > > Saludos.
> > >
> > ------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
> > The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)

> Jacinto Calvo Sintes /// netman2_seriousman.org ///Linux User #142232
> jacinto_seriousworks.net///
> www.seriousworks.net /// SeriousWorks Solutions SCP

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)