On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:46:50 +0100 Simon Poole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> > Simon Poole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-05-20 13:17]:
> >
> >>Is there currently a way to use edje_cc on my x86 build box to create themes
> >
> >>that will work on my ARM box?   I have no native compiler on the ARM box and
> >

> > Yes. Edjes built on x86 will work nicely on big-endian arch boxes and
> > vice versa of course :)
> >

> Smashing - thanks for the info.
>
> I've also just realised that edje_cc requires all the same EFL libraries
> that libedje does, so to run it on the x86 box I will need x86 versions
> of all the libraries as well.  I'll just run a native build alongside
> the cross-build.

yeah - exactly. the native build box will need these in order to do the builds -
but once you have built your arm binaries - the .edj files you build will work
anywhere on any machine - big or little endian, 32 or 64 bit, of any
architecture (basically like .swf files or java or... you get the rest). edje is
designed/intended to simply product compact, portable, fast to access and load
binary lumps (edj files) that can be used anywhere, any time, and not need
re-compiling. :)if of course there is something that break - i consider this a
bad bug and i must fix it! :)

> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Simon Poole
> www.appliancestudio.com

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)